Keilor is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 16 km (9.9 mi) northwest of Melbourne’s central business district, within the City of Brimbank and the Hume local government area. The 2021 census puts Keller’s population at 5,906.
While most of the suburb lies within the town of Brimbank, the portion to the north of Keilor and north of the Calder Freeway lies within the town of Hume. This part of the suburb lies on the floodplains of the Maribyrnong River and is home to many market gardens.
The suburb is mainly residential, with large industrial projects in neighboring suburbs. There are several shopping centers in the area, including Keilor Shopping Center and Watergardens Town Center, approximately 5 kilometers away.
Keilor is a community in the Maribyrnong River catchment. James Watson, from Scotland, was the first landowner in the area and gave the suburb its name.  Keilor was a famous campsite during the early days of gold mining, where oxen teams camped on their way between prospectors from Castlemaine and Ballarat. There was a wooden bridge over the river, which was replaced by an iron bridge in 1868.
About a million years ago, lava covered the former landscape and formed the basalt plains. Over time, the Maribyrnong River carved its way through the basalt plains. Australian megafauna, including 3-metre-tall kangaroos and diprotodons, were found in the area until their extinction at the end of the Ice Age about 13,000 years ago.